Monday, June 1, 2009

RSS Links

What did I learn about RSS.
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a tool useful for saving or retaining updated information on websites that you frequently visit or websites that are your favorite.
I can see how it could be useful for a staff intranet, we could have the latest new in book releases, or updates for OPAL training.
I can also see how It can be used as an advertising or marketing tool for the library we could send subscribers information on upcoming events that the library are holding.
I am not a fan of RSS though, it would be something else that I would have to remember to look at in my free time and I feel I spend enough time on the computer at work.
Below are the links to the RSS's that I chose.
NYT > Books

OPAL Training

Comments on Statistically Speaking: ABS News for Libraries

Books news, reviews and author interviews guardian.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment